Cost Effective Remediation
Demonstration Site #1 Results
- Remediation system shut down
- Postremedial monitoring in progress
- Source area remains above ES
- Perimeter MWs and piezometers are now below ES
- Average removal 85%
- Inlet benzene range from 1 to 160 ppb
- Flow rate range from 0.5 to 2.5 gpm
- 215,900 gal. treated
- Power consumption: 1000 KWh/mo.
Demonstration Site #2 Results
- Free product layer reduced by 89%
- PECO System operating since 3/22/12
- Average removal 83%
- inlet benzene range from 7,500 to 14,000 ppb
- Flow rate range from 0.25 to 0.5 gpm
- PECO is an effective treatment method for groundwater remediation.
- Long-term performance data was collected for PECO systems at two remediation sites over a two-year period.
- Solar-activated PECO catalyst exhibits reaction rates which are 30–50% of those for Lamp-activated catalyst, and offers many additional advantages.
- PECO systems can compete economically with traditional methods as a low-cost, green remediation method.